|That is me at the bottom right|
Quit focusing on your weaknesses
Something that would be a small and perhaps private accomplishment that just hours from now you can look back and say, “yes I did it”. If you can do that….you can do more.
Momentum is a wonderful thing and it will never start without your first step of courage.
Kick off the New Year with my favorite Podcasts
|A goal for 2017 is to ride a total of 3,500 miles or more|
My twenty year work anniversary
|Launch day of the Sprint network|
It is hard to wrap my head around that number thinking how long I have been with my employer as of today. I joined just five years of working after graduating college to be part of something that at that time was totally new.
Happy 21 years to us
This week is our 21st wedding anniversary.
I can clearly remember the days as a teen and later as a young adult longing to have love in my life. I was never much of a ladies guy and there were times when I was sure I would never find the right person. It turns out I did not need to find anyone as thanks to a mutual friend we found each other through a blind date.
Someone this week through e-mail made a comment about our length of marriage success and kiddingly said he should get advice from me. Me being me I could not help but respond with some top of mind thoughts. Here they are
- Marry the right person to start (people are not fixer uppers)
- Be partners (no separate accounts; no secrets)
- Have common interests (hobbies that you do together)
- Have uncommon interests (Hobbies that make you/her happy and provide “me” time)
- Honor with actions (Always strive to think positively and speak positively about spouse)
- Never stop perusing (dates, adventures together, random acts of kindness)
- Never stop moving forward (plans for the future—dreams)
- Surround yourself with successful marriages(If we are the average of those around us be around couples that will lift you up)
- Make sure you are yoked (philosophy on God, money, health, children etc)
- Marry your spouse and not your career. (Jobs come and go but family should be forever)
Like any couple we have faced many challenges over the years but along the way there has never been any question that no matter what we are in this together and forever. Neither of us would have it any other way.
Let my life be the proof
Can following your passion lead to suckatude?
Transitioning to the Empty Nest
|Our first empty nest trip together|